The City Clerk's office is the custodian of records. The City Clerk is responsible for the following duties:
- Preparing, updating, and maintaining the Code of the City of Cameron, Missouri.
- Posting notices for open meetings.
- Preparing and updating Council meeting agendas and packets.
- Preparing minutes of Council meetings.
- Preparing, reviewing, coordinating, and controlling ordinances, resolutions, and contracts.
- Receiving and managing phone calls from those interested in Council actions.
- Responding to requests for information, copies, and certified copies, either by phone or correspondence pursuant to requirements of the Missouri Sunshine Law.
- Selling cemetery spaces, preparing and maintaining cemetery deeds, and answering inquiries from public about interments and cemetery deeds for McDaniel, Packard, Evergreen, Graceland and Graceland Memorial Cemeteries.
- Administering Liquor Licenses and Business Licenses.
- Serving as the liaison with the County election authorities for City of Cameron elections including:
- Accepting filings for elected offices
- Certifying election results
- Administering the oath of office to public officials
- Certifying the validity of City documents for court evidence.
- Overseeing the maintenance of personnel records and benefit information.
- Maintaining the custody of the official seal of the City.
- Supervising City Hall clerical staff.