The Detectives Division consists of two full-time detectives and School Resource Officer. Cameron's detectives are trained and certified as Crime Scene Investigators by the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department Forensic Crime Laboratory and as Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Evidence Technicians by the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, AL.
The detectives are also trained in:
- Death / homicide investigation
- Fire / Explosion investigation
- Clandestine Drug Lab Technicians
- Blood spatter examination and recovery
- Forensic evidence collection
- Evidence / property management
- 35mm and digital photography
- Computer voice stress analysis
- Statement analysis
- Violent crimes and criminal profiling
- Child abduction investigations
- Crisis / Hostage negotiations
- Many other specialties that assist our community in solving crimes
The City's detectives are also active in the Northwest Missouri Major Case Squad (NOMIS) and are on the Initial Response Team (IRT) that responds to major crime scenes in Northwest Missouri.
Our detectives and the other IRT team members were instrumental in solving the high-profile Bobbi Jo Stinnett homicide and the kidnapping of her unborn child, Victoria Jo Stinnett, in Skidmore, MO, in December 2004. Several members of this team were recognized by President George W. Bush in Washington, D.C. for their efforts in solving this case. They have also been involved in several other homicide investigations in Northwest Missouri.
For more information, contact the Police Department at (816) 632-6521.