The Cameron Public Library has available:
- Over 35,000 items for checkout:
- 2,000 VHS and DVDs
- 1,200 audio books on cassettes and CDs
- Our NEW cataloging system allows you to choose from over 85,000 books belonging to the Evergreen consortium. The books are delivered to our library FREE OF CHARGE. We contact you when they arrive and you check them out just as if our library owned them. When you finish with the materials, just bring them back to us and we will return them to the library, no charge to you.
- Large Selection of Children's, Pre-teen and Teen books
- Three area newspapers, USA Today and Wall Street Journal
- Public access computers, featuring internet and work processing
- Free Wi-Fi
- Automated catalog accessible from any computer any time of day for searching, holding and renewing your next favorite book. www.cameronlibrary.org
- E-Reader lending services through www.molib2go.org
- A Genealogy Department with:
- Nearly 1,000 books for research and several hundred reels of microfilm
- Story Time for preschoolers (age 0-5)
- Free Friday Play Dates for kids 0-5 and their favorite adult (first and third Friday of the month)
- Summer reading program for older children
- Adult book club
- Computer classes and one on one instruction too
The spacious library features many comfortable reading and study areas. We subscribe to more than 30 periodicals, 4 daily papers, 1 weekly paper and Value Line Investment Survey; with Internet access for additional newspapers, online magazine articles and ACT, GED and other study aids. The library also has a large collection of e-books available for loan through the library web-site at www.cameronlibrary.org
The genealogy department features all Cameron and Clinton County newspapers on microfilm (many of the Cameron newspapers have been indexed for easy searching) Census records and county probate, death and marriage records for the four county area (Clinton, DeKalb, Caldwell and Daviess). And numerous documents pertaining to the history of Cameron and surrounding area.
An annual report was produced to highlight the changes that the Library underwent over the last calendar year. The report is very informative and allows the public to gain inside knowledge of the annual happenings of the Library.
Because this is a city library and is funded through city property taxes, library cards are available for no additional cost to residents residing within the city limits or non-residents who own real estate within the city limits. All students who attend Cameron schools, regardless of their home address, can apply for a free library card by showing their school ID. Library cards are available to non-residents for $25 per year per family. New patrons need to provide a photo ID (such as drivers license) and proof of address if ID is not current. You can check out up to 10 items on your card and have access to the public computers. Your new card allows you access to all materials available in the library, through interlibrary lending and eLending services. We are proud to be able to offer the community this service and welcome you here.
The Cameron Public Library is located across the street from McCorkle Park in downtown Cameron. The library is open Monday through Saturday, hours as follows:
Monday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (summer)
Thursday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (winter)
Friday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.